Position: This peer support staff position is a 30-hour a week grant-funded position and is currently funded through 9/30/2025
Function: Provide technical assistance to parents, youth, educators and others via telephone and email and community based-trainings on topics related to early intervention, special education and other issues that impact children/youth with disabilities
- Lived experience as a family member navigating the systems which provide information, support, and assistance to the families of New Hampshire.
- Experience working with families, youth and school personnel Ability to provide effective professional development and training Ability to work independently and as a member of a team Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office and other technologies Experience with virtual platforms such as Zoom, Google Meet etc.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist parents and others through telephone consultation and emails and other media, as applicable, by providing information about the early intervention and special education process, including rights and responsibilities.
- Assist with improving parent/professional communication and collaboration Collaborate with staff to develop and revise training curricula and materials Conduct training sessions virtually and in person
- Prepare reports on activities and efforts, as required
- Identify and utilize local, regional, state and federal resources
- Represent the Parent Information Center at meetings, including sharing the parent perspective and current and emerging issues impacting children/youth with disabilities and/or their families
- Maintain current knowledge of resources and laws
- Assist in the development of publicity and promotional materials Perform other appropriate tasks as may be assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Education, Human Services, or related field preferred
This position is statewide and may require travel.
Interested applicants should forward their cover letter describing how they meet the qualifications and requirements of this position and resume to Christine Anderson, email@example.com.
The Parent Information Center is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or physical or mental disability or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.