Supervisor: Executive Director
PIC is seeking a part-time, detail-oriented individual to serve as our Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant. The Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant is responsible for all day-to-day bookkeeping responsibilities including A/R, A/P, year-end accruals, year-end deferrals, reporting, and cash reconciliations. This position will work closely with the Executive Director, Project Directors/Coordinators, and the Board Treasurer. This is an in-office, 25-hour/week position that allows for a flexible schedule. There is potential for additional hours. This position includes pro-rated holidays and combined time off.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, business, or related field
- 3+ year’s non-profit experience
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Well organized with excellent time management skills.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and knowledge of various accounting systems
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct day-to-day bookkeeping responsibilities including A/R, A/P, year-end accruals, year-end deferrals, reporting, and cash reconciliations.
- Approve and submit payroll on a weekly basis
- Prepare invoices for submission to federal and state grant funders and other agency programs
- Prepare monthly closing and bank reconciliations.
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts on a monthly basis, including payroll tax and benefit withholdings.
- Reconcile credit card and bank statements
- Review all aging reports and follow up with collections.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the PIC Board and work with the Board Treasurer and the Executive Director regarding financial reporting.
- Close out the fiscal year and perform all related functions for the annual audit.
- Assist the Executive Director to assure compliance with the requirements of laws, regulations, contracts, and grant agreements, GAAP. Ensure compliance with the OMB and other federal and state laws and regulations.
- Ensure that internal controls and checks and balances in the Financial Policies and Procedures manual are implemented and followed.
- Prepare various schedules and gather additional information for the external auditor for the fiscal year-end annual audit.
- At calendar year-end, generate Form 1099s and mail to recipients and to the IRS.
- Perform other accounting responsibilities, as identified.
Interested applicants should forward their cover letter and resume to Michelle Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.
The Parent Information Center is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or physical or mental disability or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.